Esports and Gaming Summit 2023 established itself to be a major hub for the gaming scene in the Philippines. In the past, it has hosted esports brands from major tech companies like Acer (Predator), ASUS (Republic of Gamers) and MSI. Last year’s edition has SEGA (Atlus) and Riot Games (League of Legends).
This year, they are celebrating their 10th year edition by hosting the event at the World Trade Center Metro Manila, which is also a host to several major exhibitions.
On this post, we are about to answer the following questions:
- What should we look forward to at this year’s ESGS?
- Who will be attending ESGS 2023?
- How do I get to ESGS 2023?
What should we look forward to at this year’s ESGS?
ESGS was first established in 2014 by organizer Gariath Concepts as an event for the gaming community, something it continues to give their commitment. This year’s event is set to be held on the weekend of November 3-5 (Friday to Sunday).
Look forward to the offerings from partner brands such as Globe Telecom, Samsung, JBL Quantum, Riot Games, Republic of Gamers, MSI, Tecno Mobile, RUMBLE ROYALE, Lenovo, LG Electronics, Bandai Namco Entertainment Asia and others.
Co-presenter Globe Telecom is going all-out in its offerings to all attendees of Esports and Gaming Summit 2023.
“Globe customers attending the event can expect exclusive perks such as a 5% discount on tickets, 10% discount on ESGS merchandise, an opportunity to win a 3-day pass by redeeming Globe Rewards points on GlobeOne app an express lane for attendees displaying a registered Globe SIM card, and complimentary GET bus shuttle services between the World Trade Center and three specific Ayala Malls”, says Mark Singson, Subcultures Manager for Gaming and Anime for Globe Telecom.
“There will also be a grant tailored for a standout game developer, cosplayer, or game merchant.”
We’ll have more details about Globe’s offerings later in this post.
Major Areas inside ESGS 2023
ESGS’ staple activities return for this year’s gathering, including their Indie Fest game showcase, ESGS Marketplace for merch and arts, Fighting Game Arena featuring the fighting game community’s loudest K.O. reactions, and Astra Arena featuring major tournaments such as Valorant, JBL Quantum League, and Lol Empyrean Cup.
Learn knowledge regarding the gaming industry at the Gaming Class, and witness cosplay galore at the Cosplay Village (featuring the ESGS 2023 Cosplay Contest, guest panels and meet-and-greet opportunities).
Feature Upcoming Technologies
Gaming can’t be without the latest tech, and Esports and Gaming Summit 2023 offers a good chunk of it. Here’s what some of the major exibitors are teasing:
- Samsung Electronics Philippines President Min Su Chu: “We’ve seen how gaming has become intrinsic to the daily lives of enthusiasts and hardcore games. We want to encourage them to play their way and enter a new dimension of game play with Samsung. We are excited to show them our full suite of offerings in the ESGS.” (Samsung is ESGS 2023’s Platinum exhibitor.)
- Lenovo Philippines Consumer Product Manager JB Aquino: “2023 is shaping up as an exciting year for gaming with Lenovo. We’re excited to see Legion fans again and showcase our latest and greatest in gaming innovation. Customers should definitely look forward to exciting product showcases at our booth, hot off our recently-announced product lineup from IFA 2023.”
- ASUS Philippines Product Marketing Lead Sean Agno: “Excited to see all the faces of gaming in the Philippines and how the industry can come together to celebrate one thing – their passion for gaming. Seeing familiar faces, the excited crowd, and the amazing atmosphere of the venue hall. And the mere fact that every year the bar is set higher, I am really excited to see what this 10th Anniversary can bring.“
Lenovo is offering their Legion AI Engine+ product line powered by 13th generation Intel Core H series processors. Not only that, MSI is set to put gamers into an immersive experience with their setup, LG Electronics is presenting their OLED Ultragear monitor range, TECNO MOBILE will showcase their smart devices, and JBL Quantum offers discounts of up to 50% exclusively at the event.
Other exhibitors include Red Bull, H&M, PlayStation, SVGA, DeVant, Eplayment, SSKAIT, Tito Steef’s, Pinoy Retro Gaming, FTWIN Nutrition, Pizza Hut Gaming, Ugreen, Ragnarok Landverse, SteelSeries, and Apeiron.
Who will be attending Esports and Gaming Summit 2023?
RUMBLE ROYALE will bring its roster of talents to ESGS for meet-and-greet sessions, and The Pokemon Company will distribute Pokemon Card Fun Packs and playmats to attendees. Experience what Riot Games will offer this time following their recent takeback of publishing rights to League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics.
At this moment, here are the personalities set to appear at ESGS: (Note that some of them will appear in two or more activities, giving you more chances of seeing them in person)
- RUMBLE ROYALE: Mochii 桜, Jaz “General2na” Comoda, Drop Out Candy, Monmon plays, Yumekooo, Rebyczko, Darling, Alpha Twentyfour, Extra Rai, Kriphie, PaylStation, Juuno, 2Staxx and KingFB.
- Riot Games: Charess, Buunja, Kitz Cua, Cholo Tolentino, Razzie Binx, Suzzysaur. Exosen, Rebengga. Riku, Guiang Gaming, Kapitan Pugo, BBKIM, Kirk 区, Jillipuff, Gypxidge, GLOCO, Prince De Guzman and AWIE, (Content Creators) Myrtle Sarrosa, Een and Lykable.
- Tekken 8 Showmatch: Pro players PBE AK and ELITE-20V Jules; Pro comedians Red Ollero and Alexio.
- Pizza Hut Gaming: Anj, Gangstacks, John Weak, The Pebbles, Krayzeke TV, Chichi, AnimeWifey, Dimpsss and Hannah Gwen.
- Meet-and-Greets: (Gaming Streamers) Dogie, AJ, Manjean, Shinboo, AP Bren, (for Platinum ticket holders) Katiecakey, Myrtle Sarrosa, Hippochii, Gangstacks, Hannah Gwen, Dimpsss, Kang Dupet, Chichi, KingFB and Paylstation, Yumeeko, Anj Gaming, The Pebbles, Spicyuuu, Krayzeke TV, and Nyaati.
- Gaming Class: (Knowledge-sharing Activities at the 2nd Floor)
- Mechanical Keyboards: F&F’s Merkeebs, Akda Keys and Hojinomoto
- Player Engagement Career Talk and Industry Readiness for Triple-A Game Art from Keywords Studios
- Intersection of Gaming, Entertainment and Culture with Riot Games PH Country Manager Joel Guzman
- The Power of Content: Jay Agonoy (keepsakes./VTuber NewsDrop), Louie Diangson (Glint.ph), Chris Garcia (One More Game), Chad Ramos (The Reimaru Files), Robert Yatco (from Ungeek, by the way.)
- Bands: The Itchyworms and Mayonnaise
All of these are recapped in a Primer streamed last October 27:
How do I get to ESGS 2023?
- From ONE Ayala (Ayala Center Makati), U.P. Town Center, Alabang Town Center: Download the GET Pass App and use the code GLOBEXESGS to get free rides at assigned GET locations.
- GrabCar and Move It: Make sure you key in the assigned discount codes before you book rides. Limited redemption cap is applied.
- Commute by Train: Arrive at LRT1 Gil Puyat Station (Buendia) and ride a jeep to World Trade Center Metro Manila.
- By Bus: (from PITX) Bus # 6 or 7 (route going to Fairview, Quezon City) – the Bus should pass by the World Trade Center Metro Manila.
See you at the Esports and Gaming Summit 2023 this November 3-5 at the World Trade Center Metro Manila, Pasay City. Tickets are available online via Slash, and are also available onsite. For more information about the Electronic Sports and Gaming Summit, please visit the following links: Facebook, Twitter / X, Instagram, Tiktok.
ESGS is organized by Gariath Concepts, in partnership with main presenter Globe Telecom, and Platinum Exhibitor Samsung.
I’ve covered ESGS in the past, for keepsakes. and also for The Reimaru Files. Check them out below: